Monday, March 5, 2012

2 New Recipes

I tried 2 new recipes this weekend; they both take 5 ingredients or less and are easy to feed a crowd. I only took a picture of the dessert and once I figure out how to get it on here, I will add it later. The first is a 'Double Chocolate Bread Pudding' that I modified from one I found and the other is '7UP Pork Roast' a little experimenting in the kitchen paid off.

~*~Double Chocolate Bread Pudding~*~
- 4 C french bread, cubes
- 3 1/2C cold milk
- 1 large (5oz) package of Cook and Serve, Chocolate Pudding
- 6oz (half a regular package) of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

  • Preheat Oven to 350; spray a 8x8, 9x9 or deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
  • In a large mixing bowl, whisk milk and chocolate pudding for 2 minutes.
  • Add bread cubes and toss to coat.
  • Pout into prepared dish and sprinkle chocolate chips over.
  • Bake 35 to 45mins, until center is 'set' and all bubbly.
  • Cool 10 mins.
  • Serve warm, hot or cold.
  • Serves 6 to 8
My boys and a friend gobbled this up, I served it with a little bit of whipped cream on top.

~*~7UP Pork Roast~*~
- 7UP
- Boneless Pork Roast, thawed
- Tuscan Seasoning

  • Place pork roast in the bottom of crock pot.
  • Pour 7UP over the roast leaving enough to cover the bottom of the crock pot.
  • Sprinkle Tuscan Seasoning over the roast.
  • Put lid on, turn the crock pot to High, walk away for 3 to 5 hrs, depending on the size of roast.
I served ours warm over salad. It's that easy and turned out wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be polite even if you disagree with what myself or other's have to say.